Josh Wilson is known throughout the Pacific Northwest as one of the premier basketball trainers. He has a unique take on the game due to his playing experience throughout all levels of basketball. Josh is one the best there is in analyzing shooting mechanics and implementing changes. He also specializes in elite point guard training. Josh is also the shooting instructor at South Puget Sound Community College and Head Coach of Roots Basketball Academy. He is the Co-Founder of Roots Sports Academy which has location in both Longview and Olympia, WA.
Josh Wilson is an experienced basketball player having played in high school, NCAA, and professionally. He achieved success at every level through hard work and dedication to the game he loves. He is originally from Longview, WA where he graduated from Mark Morris High School. There he led his team to the state championship game averaging 19 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 2 steals a game.
At Northern Arizona University in his first year he became a starter and broke the single season assist record, ranked 9th in the nation in assists and was named Big Sky MVP by collegeinsider.com. He went on to become NAUs all-time leader in career assists, minutes played, and was 3rd in the Big Sky Conference history in assists. In 2009 he turned pro where he played for three years in Germany, Hungary and Finland.
Josh graduated NAU with a Bachelors in History earning 4 golden eagle student athlete awards and an ESPN The Magazine Academic All District 8 Selection. He went on to receive a Masters in Business Administration from Marylhurst University in 2011 graduating while playing professionally overseas. Josh is married to Dominique Wilson and has three children, daughters Kamryn and Margo and son Ray.
Finland (2012) Torpan Pojat
Hungary (2010-2012) Kaposvari KK
- Scored 43 points in a single game.
- Averaged 19.8.PPG, 4 ASST, 4 REB. (2010-2011)
- Averaged 17.9 PPG 5.9 ASST, 3 REB (2011-2012)
- Hungarian All-Star Selection.
- Eurobasket Player of the Week Award.
Germany (2009-2010) Erdgas Ehingen
- Averaged 14.6 points 6.2 assists per game.
- Scored 29 points in second professional game.
- Finished 3rd in the league in assists per game 6.2.
- Help team to finish 3rd in league.
Northern Arizona University
- 2008-2009 Bob Cousy Point Guard of The Year Nominee .
- NAU Career Assist Leader (636).
- NAU Single Season Assist Record (195).
- Only Player In Big Sky History To Lead The League In Assist for Three Consecutive Seasons.
- 3rd All Time Big Sky Conference Career Assists.
- Only Player In Division 1 To Rank Among The Top 40 Assist In First Three Seasons.
- Finished 9th in the Nation In Assist Per Game as a Freshman, 11th As A Sophomore.
- Started 113 of 117 Career Games.
- 2 Year Team Captain .
- All Big Sky Team, Second Team (2008,2009).
- ESPN The Magazine Academic All District 8 Selection.
- 2005 Big Sky MVP CollegeInsider.com.
- Most Minutes Played NAU Career.