Josh Wilson is known throughout the Pacific Northwest as one of the premier basketball trainers & coaches. He has a unique take on the game due to his playing experience throughout all levels of basketball. Josh is one the best there is in analyzing shooting mechanics and implementing changes. He also specializes in elite point guard training. Josh is currently the Head Boys Varsity Coach at Tumwater High School, he volunteers as the Teams Director at Roots Academy where he is also the Co-Founder. Josh is formerly an assistant coach at Lower Columbia College and shooting instructor at South Puget Sound Community College.
Josh Wilson is an experienced basketball player having played in high school, NCAA, and professionally. He achieved success at every level through hard work and dedication to the game he loves. He is originally from Longview, WA where he graduated from Mark Morris High School. There he led his team to the state championship game averaging 19 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 2 steals a game.
At Northern Arizona University in his first year he became a starter and broke the single season assist record, ranked 9th in the nation in assists and was named Big Sky MVP by collegeinsider.com. He went on to become NAUs all-time leader in career assists, minutes played, and was 3rd in the Big Sky Conference history in assists. He also ranks in the top 200 all-time in NCAA division one in assists. In 2009 he turned pro where he played for three years in Germany, Hungary and Finland.
Josh graduated NAU with a Bachelors in History earning 4 golden eagle student athlete awards and an ESPN The Magazine Academic All District 8 Selection. He went on to receive a Masters in Business Administration from Marylhurst University in 2011 graduating while playing professionally overseas. Josh is married to Dominique Wilson and has four children, daughters Kamryn and Margo and sons Ray and Roosevelt.
Professional- Eurobasket Link- Click Here
Finland (2012) Torpan Pojat (Now Helsinki Seagulls)
- Averaged 13.3 PPG, 3.1 ASST
- 48% from 3PT
- 55% from 2PT
- 93.3% from FT
Hungary (2010-2012) Kaposvari KK
- Scored 43 points in a single game.
- Averaged 19.8.PPG, 4 ASST, 4 REB. (2010-2011)
- Averaged 17.9 PPG 5.9 ASST, 3 REB (2011-2012)
- Hungarian All-Star Selection.
- Eurobasket Player of the Week Award.
Germany (2009-2010) Erdgas Ehingen
- Averaged 14.6 points 6.2 assists per game.
- Scored 29 points in second professional game.
- Finished 3rd in the league in assists per game 6.2.
- Help team to finish 3rd in league.
Northern Arizona University- All Stats- Click Here
- 2008-2009 Bob Cousy Point Guard of The Year Nominee .
- NAU Career Assist Leader (636).
- NAU Single Season Assist Record (195).
- Only Player In Big Sky History To Lead The League In Assist for Three Consecutive Seasons.
- 3rd All Time Big Sky Conference Career Assists.
- Only Player In Division 1 To Rank Among The Top 40 Assist In First Three Seasons.
- Finished 9th in the Nation In Assist Per Game as a Freshman, 11th As A Sophomore.
- Started 113 of 117 Career Games.
- 2 Year Team Captain .
- All Big Sky Team, Second Team (2008,2009).
- ESPN The Magazine Academic All District 8 Selection.
- 2005 Big Sky MVP CollegeInsider.com.
- Most Minutes Played NAU Career.
- 2022 Coach of the Year EVCO 2A
- 4th Place WIAA 2A State Tournament
- 2020 District Champion
- Helped Send 47 Players to Play in College through Roots Academy & THS
In the News